About This Project
Overview: This Mill Creek interior consisted of elaborate preparation and lacquering of several kitchen cabinets.
Preparation and Lacquering Process:
- First, we removed all doors and drawers and shipped them to our finishing shop.
- We then taped, tarped, and protected the kitchen, floor, walls, windows, countertops, and created a containment zone between the kitchen and family room.
- After we set up a venting system to remove fumes.
- Then we prep sanded all surfaces.
- We then cleaned all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol to remove all surface contaminants.
- Then we applied the first coat of pigmented white lacquer (Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer from Daly’s Paint & Decorating).
- After, we put Bondo where it was needed to fill surface imperfections and sand smooth.
- Lastly, we added two more finish coats.
- Then we re-installed cabinet doors and drawers.
- When we were finished, we touched up and cleaned up.
“Amsberry’s Painting did a beautiful job of making my 39-year-old cabinets LOOK BRAND NEW! From all job-related communication to the finished product, their professionalism is unsurpassed. I highly recommend them for any of your painting needs!” – Patrice
Interested in getting a quote to refinish your kitchen cabinets? We offer lacquering, staining, and painting services! Schedule a FREE Estimate today!
Schedule an Estimate